Let Bob Dylan Send a Message for You

Monday, September 24, 2007

Everybody's gotta serve somebody, and now it's Bob Dylan's turn. This may be just about the coolest way to plug a new album over the Internet yet: visit DylanMessaging.com, and you can send a clip of Dylan's famous Subterranean Homesick Blues in all of its black-and-white, cue card glory, only YOUR message appears in the cue cards. Of course, Dylan's latest CD (Dylan: His Greatest Songs, due to be released on October 1) gets a plug at the end.

And while you're on the site, check out the video of the remix of Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) by Mark Ronson. This is the first time Dylan has allowed anyone to lay their remixing paws on one of his compostions. Keep your eyes open for the many references to Dylan's lyrical characters and periods of his music career (Hey! I see Lay Lady Lay on Dylan's big brass bed.) I love the remix, although I could've sworn Dylan was always singing "But right now I just wanna lick your a$$" instead of "I'm gonna let you pass." The video reminds me very much of the Beatles' 1995 "Free As a Bird" video, which referenced numerous Beatles songs.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.