Classic Couples

Friday, February 08, 2008
Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor photo copyright Hulton/Getty. Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall photo copyright Ed Clark/TIME LIFE PICTURES/Getty. Hume Cronyn and Jessica tandy photo copyright Deborah Feingold/Corbis. The Windsors copyright Henri Cartier-Bresson/Magnum. All pictures courtesy of TIME.

Last month Time Magazine published a photo essay of famous couples from the 20th century on their site. With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I thought I'd highlight a few of my favorites here, but you can see them all on TIME's site. Man, I never realized before just how hot Richard Burton was in his heyday.







You know what amazes me about a lot of the images they chose is just how closely some of these couples resemble each other, namely Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronyn, those original partners-in-crime, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, and The Windsors Wallis and Edward. It's like that old belief that you gravitate towards partners that look like you, or you become more alike the older you get.

These are all good choices, but they missed a few underated partnerships in my opinion. I'll try to fill in those pop culture couple gaps by Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.