GoRetro's Retro Hottie of the Month: Tom Petty!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Everything about Sunday's Superbowl sucked (yes, you can tell I'm a Pats fan)...except for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' halftime show. They rocked the house...and Petty looked and sounded like he hasn't changed much in 30 years. While Petty has said "I'm not a poster boy" he is indeed sexy and seems like an easy going guy and that goes a long way. Not to mention whether with the Heartbreakers, the Traveling Wilburys, or solo, I have always loved his music. Petty and the Heartbreakers are kicking off a national tour this spring, and late last year they were the subject of a Peter Bogdanovich documentary film, "Running Down a Dream", which I hear was excellent.

He's also aging well. I envy the natural blonde...as mine comes from a box. Technically I'm supposed to post an older photo of the Retro Hottie of the Month, but I thought this more one was so flattering I couldn't resist it. I snatched from a site called Mudcrutch (if it's copywrited please let me know and I'll give you credit.) He reminds me of Peter Fonda here. A real (insert dramatic pause) "Heartbreaker"...haw haw haw!

Yer so bad, Tom, and that makes yer so good.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.