It's a Buyer's Market Right Now

Tuesday, June 24, 2008
This modern house has been for sale in my town for quite a while now. In fact, when I go for a bike ride I usually coast past it and wipe my drool on the way by.



I finally looked it up on the Coldwell Banker site and discovered that it's on the market for the bargain basement price of $1,090,000. Just think, if I only had...oh, another $800,000 or so to put down on it, I'd have a mortgage payment of about $1,000 per month...my current limit!



The house was designed by architect Marcel Breuer, a Hungarian-born architect who studied Bauhaus design and worked with Walter Gropius. This home was built in 1957 and features "8 rooms, 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, Dramatic LRm/Dining Rm w/ Stone Fireplace & Wall of Glass overlooking the gorgeous yard, State-of-the-Art Kitchen, Master Bdrm Suite w/ View of Koi Pond & So Much More!"



It's been vacant for over a year now...won't someone out there make this lonely little house a home?



Taxes are only $8,767 a year!



Oh well...there's always Mega Millions. Actually, even if I did have that kind of money to throw around it's way too large for a single person like myself but it's a beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Yowza. Nice house. But I wish it still had the original kitchen.

    50s Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a beauty. I don't know what the "original" kitchen looked like...but the one pictured is wonderful...love the range hood. I wonder if it's for sale, furnished...as the furnishings are just about perfect for the architecture. There's a couple of similar homes in Sherborn...they may have been designed by the same person. ...Jude

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.