You Can't Stop the (Tiger) Beat!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Newsweek published a slideshow tribute to teen idols from the 50s through today. Some of these guys that us little girls swooned over are laughable. Did we really cry for some of these skinny little guys and put their pictures in our lockers? I can agree with Bobby Sherman, Rick Springfield, and Shaun Cassidy (for the record, Shaun was my first teen idol...or should I say kindergarden idol. His bro David did nothing for me.) But what's more surprising to me is who they did NOT include. Um, no Elvis, Bobby Darin, or Beatles? I demand a recount!

And Frankie Avalon, I have a Swatch watch from the 80s with your sweater's pattern on it!

3 comments:

  1. I know, it is amazing when you look back - I remember my friend, who got Tiger Beat (I wasn't allowed t get it, but I liked to look at her copies when I could) was swooning over the Bay City Rollers. And while I do like to run to "Saturday Night" - they are just not that cute, they look really silly.

    I remember Swatch watches too. I love your blog, so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that's funny, I was a teenager in the 80's so I remember Rick Springfield for sure. We use to regularly buy "Smash Hits" just for those posters of Duran Duran lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick Springfield. A definite Hottie. I'm about 30 years older than you, but still remember how hot he was, as Dr. Noah Drake, on General Hospital. I wonder how many "Noahs" were named after him? ...Jude

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.