RetroFest!

Friday, August 08, 2008
I've been stuck in the 40s era for so long that the other decades of the 20th century are crying foul, so it's time to shake things up and post about pop culture of other time periods for a bit. I've been meaning to report on a huge and really rad 80s music festival that takes place in Lanarkshire, Scotland each year: Retrofest. This year it takes place August 30 and 31 at Strathclyde County Park and camping out is permitted, a la Woodstock. The line-up this year includes Boy George (sans the rest of the Culture Club), Howard Jones, Paul "I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down" Young (now there's a forgotten 80s classic), 10CC, the Bangles, and Kajagoogoo. Heck, who wouldn't pass up the chance to hear "Too Shy" live! I really wish I could go...the 80s was the last era that gave us listenable, danceable, still relatively innocent music...but Scotland is a bit out of my traveling range. Why doesn't this take place in the States? However, for those who are lucky enough to go, all of the information can be found on the Retrofest site. Don't forget your leggings and ankle boots!

Here's a picture of The Bangles. Gosh, I thought their hair looked so perfectly normal back then.

1 comment:

  1. Well, they were normal to me back then. I adored the bangles :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.