Thursday, September 09, 2010

Bad Cover Art: Uh-Oh Spaghetti-Os

My apologies to anyone who may have just eaten dinner, but this Woody Allen lookalike doing a bizarre Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass parody is simply too craptastic to not be passed around the Internet. This may the strangest take on Whipped Cream and Lollipops that I've ever seen. I don't know who Pat Cooper was/is and what he's planning on doing with those enormous bread sticks but I don't think I want to know.



To make up for that atrocity, I just LOVE this album cover for an obvious reason - it has a gigantic pizza on it! The guys and gals are also dressed Mad Men style, so that's another reason it piqued my interest. The pizza needs a LOT more cheese, however, as if the album concept isn't cheesy enough.



5 comments:

Marlene said...

Whoa - that's one BIG pizza!! Not sure about that first one, though...sure doesn't make me want to go and eat spaghetti!

Amanda By Night said...

I kind of like that spaghetti-Alpert riff. Not sexy in the least, but funny! He reminds me of Steve Allen!

I recently wrote a paper in my summer art class on album covers and I was completely taken aback by how many Albert spoofs there are in this world! I was familiar with the record, but had no idea of the impact of the artwork!

LaraAnn said...

Yikes- that first one is making me feel queasy. I kind of like the 2nd one - you are right about the cheese though.

Anonymous said...

Pat Coooper is a comedian and is still alive and well. I think he's in his 80's now. He has been on Howard Stern alot. Tells stories about his Italian upbringing. My mother always loved him. I met him about a year ago coming out of a Staten Island restaurant. He's still funny and going strong.

freQ a Zoid iac said...

best and weirdest take on the classic so far. soul asylum have a funny one too - clam bake

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin