Monday, October 18, 2010

Orgy: A Drinking and Sex Game Rolled Into One

Now here's a game that Roger Sterling may have dreamed up. Orgy may have been the quintessential underground 60s game. Marketed as "the game for people who like people", Orgy makes naked Twister look like Candy Land. The object was to get your partner as sloshed as possible using a "porron" (that's French for "pour it on") which looks like a genie bottle sporting a penis. Needless to say, the rules aren't too specific - pour your liquor of choice into your team member's mouth for the longest time possible with the fewest spills. "Rewards to winners are optional." There's also an "in session" sign...included, I suppose, to keep away any wayward kids while mommy and daddy entertained their grown-up friends.

Lots of suggestive sexual imagery going on, but then again how could there not be considering that porron's handle? The blonde's giant looming head looks positively creepy...and so is the sticker she's wearing.


9 comments:

Marlene said...

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my.

Cat's got my tongue. (I'd have said pussy, but that would have been too suggestive. Oops, I said it anyway, didn't I? My bad!)

Who is Roger Sterling? Or did you mean Rod Sterling (the Twilight Zone dude??) I'm lost....in space! Heehee.

Anonymous said...

Did it come with a barf bag, a bottle of Ibuprofen, a plastic sheet and a stomach pump? Getting that sloppy drunk does not look like fun at all; but maybe I am not a hard-core drinker. Or maybe want my partner to be aroused, not comatose... haha

s-a-h-d

Tom said...

"Make your next party a bacchanalian smash with Orgy"
Now that is suggestive...

Amanda By Night said...

I actually remember games of this ilk being sold at Spenser's in those glory days! The ones I remember had these super cartoony box covers. I want to find one now!

Pam@GoRetro said...

Marlene - ha! Dirty minds think alike. :)

Roger Sterling is a character on Mad Men....though something tells me all of the guys on the show would have gotten into this game.

S-A-H-D: well, they do include bibs...

Tom: yep!

Amanda: ah, of course - Spencer's! I had forgotten where you'd find these "games."

Darrin.. said...

Holy Guacamole! The equivalent of the modern day beer bong, but more refined... err... dirty!! LOL!

Darrin.. said...

Just saw the fine print that says ORGY kit. LOL! That's gonna be a tough one to get outta my mind! =^D

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

Oh dear God, I am rather speechless!

Jenn said...

I'm sad to admit that my brother had a game very similar to this, hopefully found at a thrift store and never used. When he moved out of my parent's house, he left it behind in a box. Luckily I found it before our mom did!

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin